Thursday, June 02, 2011

One year old!

I got four dislikes for my last post. Spreading misery deserves that. :P But it feels lighter you know. When vague notions of sadness become concrete words. You feel like a third person taking a more objective view of things. You become a little more sane. A little less miserable. And then, you remember the wise old saying - This too shall pass.

So enough is enough. My blog deserves some happy words. Some colours. Some sunshine. It rained yesterday. Something about a walk in the rain. Drenched to the core. A song in my head. Made me smile. Small life you know. Waste it pining for people or smile about the ones who are there. Happiness is always a choice you make. A difficult one sometimes, but its a choice nonetheless.

Found a spot in this quaint bookshop. A quiet corner, a hot cup of coffee and a book. Inner peace or something like it (you know what I mean if you saw Po). In that book and that familiar comforting brew, found solitude easy to sit with. Ma and baba are out on a vacation. A much needed long awaited one. I am loving it. Travelling vicariously through their anecdotes. Anecdotes for which I call them every two hours nowadays. Somewhere between us growing up and our parents growing old, we switch roles. The roads are narrow and treacherous where they are. I worry when their phone's out of reach. And I used to think its insane for them to lose sleep over my travel escapades and perpetually out of coverage phone. :) Karma I tell you. A bitch, but quite a teacher.

The book am reading right now is full of beautifully written one-liners. Seems like the author lived my life at some point of time or the other and penned all of it down. Probably anyone who reads this will be of a similar opinion. Good authors are rare. This book's a keeper. More on that later.

Completed a year in Chennai. Not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing. These milestones are reminders of all that needs to be done. The usual you know. Find a better job. Figure out what I actually want to do. Maybe study some more. Change being the only constant, we just keep looking for reasons to change something or the other.

Right now, I am just complacent. Rather, content is a better word. One day at a time. One step at a time. Baby steps.Someday when am sitting in my corner and sipping that coffee, I'll figure out the bigger picture. All that needs to be done. For now, Floyd and I shall keep each other company till I sleep. :)

10 comments:

Amit said...

What book you reading?

Suravi said...

Mother Pious Lady...look it up sometime :-)

Soumaya said...

Is this the same coffe house which offers u book if u r not reading one :-)?

Suravi said...

yeah that's the one :)

Soumaya said...

Book kar rahe hum book ko once u done :-)

Tamanna said...

I love you for this post. I don't really need to tell you I was nodding along through every single word - you know that by now. Parents and us switching roles, happiness is a decision, why we blog, content, change something - everything.

Come meet me girl, I have been losing friends at an alarming rate. Somewhere down the line you realise that the things you had in common with someone didn't really exist. It was all in your head. You know? And then I read you and I think this is not even a "new friend". Come, meet me. I will explain everything :P

Suravi said...

@Tammy - Next Saturday it is :-)

Hari Kumar said...

Loved this one . I have got a 20 ..really bad comments for my post ...Hmmm ...anyway , u have so many punch lines that i can post in fb or tweet about ..really good :)

Suravi said...

Thanks Hari :-) Feel free to pick up any lines you like ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for developing this website. The stories here are worth reading many times over in order to refresh us time and time again to do good and positive things and inspire or influence others to do the same.CELINE Scarves,Chanel Scarves,Canada Goose Coats