Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Perfect!

Life's perfect! It won't last long, the golden streak. So I thought I'll pen it all down, before the clouds emerge and I go hunting for the silver lining. The other day was telling a dear friend that I completely believe that fairy godmothers exist. At my age, such kiddish beliefs might sound funny but I do. I so do! So when we really really wish for something and cross our fingers and close our eyes and repeat in our minds that this is the last thing that I will ever ask for, it does come true. Yes, wishes are being fulfilled at an alarming rate. And there's still more to look forward to. :)

Its not cold enough in Delhi. Or am just all warm inside. Being loved is a good feeling. An awesome feeling. And I don't mean the sappy mushy form of lowe. But the kind that comes from friends. Friends without whom this post is pointless. All the happiness is pointless. They love me like a mother and scold me like a brother. They spoil me rotten, listen to the endless amount of nonsensical trivia I dish out, hate my guts and still put up with me without a grudge. Far or near, they make my days sunny. My world, one big happy family.

Why is it all so perfect?! Because it is! Friends got the jobs they wanted. I got what I wanted. A dear one walked back into my life. Dada is back in the country, even though its for a precious few days. The entire family, four of us, we are finally together after ages! Chirstmas with family, new year with friends. Bottle of Bailleys. Box of liquor chocolates. A small island tucked away in a remote corner. It all adds up to a very happy feeling.

I sleep with this thought now. Bring on the dark clouds and the rough weather, I say. I got sunshine on my side :)

11 comments:

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Good.
Portugal

~==[[[ Abhi ]]]==~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~==[[[ Abhi ]]]==~ said...

"At my age, such kiddish beliefs might sound funny but I do." - An MBA is completed means that you are old enough? I don't think so :)

BTW nice post. Could relate to a few of the thoughts :)

Tamanna Mishra said...

That DOES sound perfect, girl! Totally, totally perfect! Have a blast!

And which island are you going to? I want to go too! Next year, maybe..

Sur said...

@Abhi - Thanks for the age consolation :D

@Tams - This place called Karwar. Going there for new years. WIll let ya know if its any good :)

KOHINOOR'S WORLD said...

True... when u have ur family and the friends at ur side, u CAN fight the clouds with ur sunshine.... True every penny!

mohita said...

Hey suravi, thats wonderful...

Crystal said...

Nicely written :)... u seem to have a simplicity in ur writing which makes people see what u write. A very good quality :). Keep it up.

Santo ® said...

As others have already pointed out, when have u become old :-).
December is ike a dream month for you. Enjoy the awesome trip, dont hug certain inanimate objects ;-).

Soumaya said...

Chirstmas with family...new year with friends...Bottle of Bailleys (In Caps :-))...Box of liquor chocolates..... a rare combination of all perfects i should say .... enjoy !!

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine mentioned 2012 last night to me and it's the first I heard about it so I jumped on here out of curiosity. I think it's kind of sick and sounds like a bunch of skeptical jargon.
I choose to live every day like it is the last because let's be real, WHO THE HELL KNOWS what is going to happen or when it's your time to go on. The past is history, the future is a mystery and now is a gift, thats why it's called the present. It's not healthy to sit around and trip out about when you will die. Stop wasting your time you have now.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]2012 end of world
[/url] - some truth about 2012