Saturday, October 24, 2009

For you Ma..

For you, I'd walk a thousand miles,
Coz you walked with me through the highs and lows
For you, I'd smile through the rainy days,
Coz you told me that they eventually go away
For you, I'd change my unruly ways,
Coz I want to deserve the pride with which you talk about me
For you, I'd achieve the goals you set
Coz I believe everything you say is right
For you, I'd learn to cook like a dream
Coz anything less won't do justice to what I have grown up with
For you, I close my eyes and believe in God
Coz you told me that He exists
For you, I do everything Ma
And still I am a shadow of what you are
For you, I am the way I am
It is for you that I exist..

Happy Birthday Ma!

16 comments:

Sowmya Venkat said...

Great one.. Maybe cos it resonates astoundingly well with me.. Will follow your blog more :)

aaki said...

:') i think it will resonate with everyone.its rly beautiful. i so miss my ma now!

Sur said...

Thanks guys :)

namratha said...

U know sometimes u seem to b such a brat... but times like this, i just wanna hug ya tight for d sweetie pie you are :*

Soumaya said...

:-)Now it looks perfect !!

Chirag said...

Amazingly beautiful and touching. Very cool :)

Chirag said...

Amazingly beautiful and touching. Very cool :)

Chirag said...

Amazingly beautiful and touching. Very cool :)

Akhil said...

Great work !!!!
Wish auntyji on my behalf...

Sun shines for you smile!! said...

very well said Su and a very nice word play.. like the way you put it.. !!

Tamanna said...

awwwww! i love you for this.. come december am plagiarising and writing this on the bday card i write for ma :)

super this was! what would we ever do without moms! hugs!

Sur said...

@Nams - At times, am alright :)
@Tamanna - Plagiarism is good, as far as it is put to good use :)
@All - Thanks!

sonali said...

Beautiful poem sweetheart :) Many Many Happy Returns to Aunty!!

Richa said...

This is awesome!! :)

deepti said...

now u are certified poet!!!

Irene said...

u have become such an eloquent writer... its such a beautiful heartfelt poem... Belated Happy Bithday Kakima!