Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Day at Work....

Hmmmm..thought I'll come up with something interesting..but sitting in office, interesting things fail to come to my mind. Its a state of 'No work and No play'...so u can guess how dull this can be!I wonder if there's anything known as job satisfaction. Must be there somewhere...this term can't be a fictitious one..but i seem to be way too far away from it. I hate to crib..and i don't like to be completely satisfied either..so,where does this leave me...probably midway between the extremes. But then again, if you are just moderately sad about your situation, can you get the drive to move ahead? Move ahead I say...but I don't know where am I headed...is money the drving force..would i trade better work for money...or would I be happier with something that interests me but pays less dividends...my mind says the latter is true..but who knows, I might just crib again that I can't indulge in worldly pleasures because of the measly job I have..I do agree that the mind is full of conflicts...and I need to make the call..the sooner the better:)
The company I work for...thousands of people work here...half of them have a job as meaningless as mine...spending their days in utilising a Microsoft production called Excel sheets..and still many don't complain. Is it strange that I do or is it the other way round! I do want to strive for a better goal..but defining that in itself is quite a task..a money grosser (and an oft treaded)path would be MBA..would I start liking my job then?who knows...I might just...never any harm in trying...coz stagnation is a killer...anything but that. Strange that this was not what i intended to write about...but thats what I am..strange:) I'll continue this...I can definitely write more about the part of life where I spend most of my days....will be back with more moronic details..till then..adios!

4 comments:

pravin said...

hey suravi...i do agree with ya...its diff to find a trade off between work u like and money u want....

suravi said...

yup pravin...but as i said..there has to always be a margin between what you want and what you have..coz thats wt gives us a direction...so perfect trade off is fictitious:)

Babu Moshai said...

wat happened ,long time,no post?? got bored in two posts itself ??!!

Babu Moshai said...

actually my life isn't so interesting that ppl will take time out to read about it and expressing my views about recent happenings etc. on this blog won't really make a difference.
Thus i use my blog to maintain a collection of stories which wud hav relevance even years later.
Anyway,u do keep writing,i shall definitely read.
bye,
t.c
P.S.:This is in reply to a comment u left on my blog